Saturday, December 15, 2007

Featured Site: Crossings

Please note the disclaimer in the sidebar to the right. I don't endorse nor agree with all the theological statements on any of the sites I have linked.

Crossings is one of those sites. It speaks favorably of what came to be known as Seminex back in the 1970's. If you don't know what that's about, I would direct you to Anatomy of an Explosion by Kurt Marquart.

Having said that, I have found that Crossings' method of analyzing texts into Diagnosis and Prognosis can be helpful in sermon preparation. It's an interesting take on the Law-Gospel distinction. I have referred to some of the lectionary text studies posted when struggling with how to preach a certain text.

2 comments:

LPC said...

Hi Pr. Kurt,

I am looking forward to more post, but I understand that you are too busy.

Perhaps we have the same view of scholarship, the Bible says pick what is good and throw what is bad. I like your comment on Crossings though you do not always agree, there might still be something worth using.


This is the method that I was taught in unis here in Australia.

People often throw the baby with the bath water along with the tub! There is something wrong there internally when that happens.

Just a cheerio.

LPC

Kurt Onken said...

Hey, LPC...saw your post here. Don't know why I didn't have it emailed to me. Must need to change the settings.

Yeah, I know I said a post a week here, but that ain't happening right now. I do need to update this.

Thanks for checking it out!